Click the banner to return to the home page.
Serving NYC/LI since 1978
Custom Paint - Cars - 1978 Camaro - Customs by Ripper
Click on any of the images to open a larger version.
Click it again to close it.
"Straight Between the Eyes"
This car won numerous awards and trophies while it was my daily driver. I finally retired it and built a van instead. Parts from this car went into several other show-winning cars around the country.
The hood mural is from a book cover "Conan, the Destroyer"
Trunk mural is from an album cover "Rainbow, Straight Between the Eyes!!"
Graphics are from my head. (I know, see a shrink!)
Notice the Gas, Oil, and Water (H2O) cans have matching graphics.
So do the wheels (matching colors at least)!!
Here's what it looked like to start, a basic `78 Camaro, rust holes and all.
You can't see it in this picture but the entire top of both quarters were gone.
This was my own personal daily driver for many years.
Here are some during shots.
- List of Custom Work Done -
- Brand new quarters, doors, trunk, upper trunk filler panel, hood and front bumper cover.
- IROC front spoiler molded to bumper (Urethane).
- 1981 Z-28 fender vents molded to fenders (functional vents).
- 1984 Trans Am Fender Vents molded to fender extensions, also functional for brake cooling.
- Fender extensions welded to fenders.
- Shaved handles and door locks (remote operated).
- Power windows added (factory parts were used, not a cheap aftermarket kit).
- Rounded lower rear door edges.
- Flared rear wheel wells and stretched quarters. (very subtle to fit 50 series tires underneath).
- All body seams welded and filled.
- Semi-Frenched antenna.
- SDtock Z-28 Rear spoiler molded to body and decklid.
- All non-essential chrome moldings removed.
- All emblems (except taillight filler emblem) removed.
- All remaining moldings painted body color.
Main Paint Page
Car Paint Pages:
Main Car Page
1984 El Camino
Social Media Center:
Like this page on Facebook:
Follow me on Facebook:
Login to Facebook:
(NO data is sent to this website.)
Like my Facebook Page:
Follow on Twitter
Website design and maintenance by Me